Thursday, March 29, 2012

The ( not so) wee Captain Seahorse

I didn't realize that all of our acquaintances would take this nickname, Captain Seahorse, as proof of the little one's gender, one direction or the other. After all, many of them are less conservative than we are ourselves...why would they automatically assume that Captain means male ? Oh....not so gender "equality" minded as you were thinking you are...is that it? :D
BumbleTot was originally known as The Dragon Baby, and Miss Fi was Spiderman. I suppose this is the Mister's way of....getting his off the wall names out of his system? His original plan was to name The Boy Mork...so that of course, Mindy could follow.
 Anyhow, I had my chance to spy on the Wee captain yesterday, and again, The little one is having no problems with growth, quite the contrary. Yesterday, at 32 weeks and 6 days, the smallest SoulFull was clocking in at 5 lbs 11 oz, with a head that measures average for 36 weeks and 5 days. A little daunting in thought, considering that the BumbleTot was our largest newborn, at 7 lbs 6 oz. However, I know that ultrasounds can be off, and I was reassured by the measurements ( I paid very close attention) that showed Baby's abdomen does not measure as being as far ahead as Baby's head: I am not so worried about a big head as I would be about large shoulders.
 Unfortunately, I cam home to find my computer on its last leg, so this may be the last update before the Good Captain's arrival. To anyone that reads this, I would dearly appreciate any prayers,to cover our family and our church, over the next several weeks. Many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment